Saturday, June 25, 2011

Greatest week of my life. Aka EFY

In years passed I have always heard the wonderful adventures of my friends at EFY. This year I knew I had to have one of these adventures for myself. So I did. As the number of days grew short, I got nervous. What if my room mate is shy and won't talk? What if...? My thoughts were negative. Thanks to Jesse and Kelsey, I calmed down a tad bit. Arriving in the morning I met the women in my group. At first I was scared I would not get along with them. But after a few hours, we were best friends. One of my what if's, what if the men in my group are ugly? Well lets just say that when the boys walked toward us girls, we all thought, "Awww crap." At first glance these men were not attractive at all. But after spending a day with them, their individual personality made them a decent group of men. I never knew you could honestly become such great friends with people that fast. But it happened. One time at breakfast I made the group laugh. One of the guys who did not talk much blurted out, "I like her, shes funny." Yes! After that he would be my only escort. We became the best of buds and he would help me rank the attractiveness of the men surrounding. It may be considered a tad feminine of him, but don't fret, he has a girl friend. The days flew by and the dreaded Friday night arrived. It was time for the goodbyes. As our group had our last devotional, I could not hold back the tears. Knowing I'd miss them was too much to bare. We cried and my knew found friend said he wouldn't, but as we walked back he put his arm around me and I saw a few tears. That night he texted me confessing, "I wasn't planning on crying but when I turned around and saw you were crying I just teared up."
Now it has been a month and I miss each one of them especially my favorite escort.

No comments:

Post a Comment